Thursday, February 07, 2008

It's the end of bulk soap purchases as we know it...and I feel dirty.

Okay, screw being positive as mentioned in yesterday's post. There is no way to win.  I was sitting with [middle sister] at coffee on Sunday talking about how once you start working toward a sustainable life you realize that there is just SO MUCH TO DO that it's rather daunting and depressing. Almost all my free time this week has been consumed by thinking about everything I'm NOT doing in terms of living even remotely sustainably (thanks, [middle sister]). However, I know that's not really a "solutions-oriented" approach, so I started looking for help... One of the things I've come across is this:


This is a website where you can find out just how quickly your lotion will kill you (it actually doesn't go that far, but it's close). I haven't gone through the method or anything, but if it's anywhere near right, I should be dead for all the pesticides I put on my body - let alone the 10 years of smoking. It's making my head spin and I'm going to have to re-budget -- I've been surviving on cheap bulk soap that's apparently disastrous for me and everything around me. Please lord, don't let the only less damaging stuff smell like Patchouli. 



1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

How very odd, I was about to blog at Greenbug about the exact same thing and same site (got there via greendaily.com the other day). I had to rethink just about everything in my bathroom. I haven't tossed it all out or anything, but I will say there isn't a single product I use that scored well at skin deep. Argh!
By the way there's a woman in our hood who sells safe cosmetics (shampoo etc). I'll send you the info.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home