Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Jackson:1, Nemesquirrel: 0

Nemesquirrel, the taunting little bastard that spent the spring throwing peanut shells at Jackson from just beyond his reach on the fence, bit it last night. I'm not sure how it happened, but the little rigormorodent was feet up near the door to my garage this morning. Don't worry, he still had his head (Katie and Jason, I'm looking at you). In fact, he had everything except a little scrap of tail that I later found on the pathway from the house. Interestingly, the very dog that is being rigorously trained out of dragging me down the street and launching at anything that moves, didn't eat dead nemesquirrel (although I believe he was responsible for the tail removal), but instead left him to sit near the door. Hopefully it wasn't meant to be some gift for me because I promptly scooped him up with a cardboard box and trashed him (and am now, suddenly, feeling very guilty about doing that in front of Jack).

Anyway, since there were no evident injuries, I have to assume that the squirrel was scared to death, or possibly fell from his taunting perch and died.

blech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home