Friday, July 01, 2005

sonofa...

I'm weeding.. Not right now, it's gotten too dark, but I went on some sort of spree about 2 hours ago, and I think I managed to killl about everything in a part of the garden. I have to say that although some might fault my theory of once a summer gardening ("I'll show those bugs living in the soil independance!"), it does make for minimal decisionmaking when the good plants are all tied up with the bad ones.

I'm surprised at the number of bugs. I feel like they are all over me, which explains why avid gardeners aren't often on acid -- they don't need hallucinations, there actually are bugs everywhere.

I'm also suprised at the errant tree growing in my back yard. I don't know how it got there, and it certainly wasn't there before, but now it's huge, and must be dealt with. Tomorrow. I guess it's back to the home improvement store (HIS - it get's an acronym, because i think I'll be using it a lot) for some more heavy duty equipment. As an ecologist, I have to wonder if the tree itself is errant or if I'm just looking at it the wrong way. But, I'll have to wonder that as I mercilously rip it out of the ground in the morning.

oh, and i bought a sprinkler. A cheap one. I have learned my first official lesson from experience in the garden: a cheap hose and cheap sprinkler are just that. Keep this in mind kids: when staring at the selection of hoses at the HIS, $20 is NOT too much to spend on something you can't wear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home