Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Avon, etc...

My Avon weekends 2005 have come to a close, as the Denver walk was last weekend. It was really fun - the weather was good, the walkers were in good moods, the staff was great (I really like them), and the whole thing went off without a hitch (pretty much). Charlie turned 1000 as I drove through the route over and over again. He's dirty now, but recovering nicely. Perhaps when I have more time tonight, I'll mention a little about how weird it was to be sitting on a fineley manicured park hill that when I was growing up was part of the wild west. The growth is insane -- you know they have a dillards at Southwest plaza?! I'm telling you, it's weird.

1 Comments:

Blogger tekne said...

I can't believe that Wadsworth is paved all the way south. It just takes some getting used to, I suppose (sigh). But I will say that I think Denver is doing a great job of the whole dealing with the sprawl thing—not that the sprawl is in itself a good thing, but that given the fact that it sprawled, they've been putting in some good infrastructure (C/E-470, the light rail, Aspen Meadows). Okay, that last one isn't so much infrastructure as a fabulous upscale stripmall. But still. It's near the light rail...

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home